(US) Exclusive: Heather Mills Opens Up About Veganism, Charity And Staying Positive

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2009
      [Ecorazzi]

      When it comes to the vegetarian celebrity club, Heather Mills is
      perhaps one of the most controversial members. In the past few years,
      Mills has found herself in a media thunderstorm surrounding both her
      personal and professional life. Ecorazzi was fortunate enough to sit
      down with the passionate herbivore and discuss veganism,
      environmentalism and staying positive throughout it all.

      Ecorazzi: So nice to chat with you, Heather! Let's just jump right in.
      You've earned a lot of respect for your work with animal-rights and
      veganism. Why is veganism so important to you and how did you begin
      the journey?

      Heather Mills: Well in 1993 I lost my leg in a motorcycle accident,
      which is quite ironic because I had been working on the frontline for
      a number of years in the former Yugoslavia and should have probably
      lost it via the landmine — which a lot of people think is the reason
      why I lost it. Anyway it wouldn't heal — the infection just kept going
      further and further up the leg and they kept amputating more and more,
      and I didn't want to lose it above the knee.

      So my girlfriend came in, and said she had healed herself on this raw
      vegan diet. At that time I was a meat, fish, lobster-eating girl. I
      was 25 years old and had no idea about real health with the
      understanding I have now, but wanted to heal my leg. So she said,
      "Come out with me." So I went to Hippocrates in West Palm Beach and
      they put me on a raw vegan diet and wheatgrass juice and organic juice
      — mainly vegetable-based — and my whole leg just closed and healed
      within a matter of weeks.

      So then I wrote a booklet on it to help other people who were writing
      to me about their infection and their limbs. I met people who had lost
      their limbs to cancer and they tried the diet and it just seemed to
      heal so well. But after a year and a half of just raw vegan and doing
      it for my health, I was perfectly back to normal. Then I thought, "
      Well I'll just be veggie," and I stayed veggie for a long time.

      http://www.ecorazzi.com/2009/01/09/exclusive-heather-mills-opens-up-about-veganism-charity-and-staying-positive/

      38 NEWS Links added so far today