(US/fl) Going raw sparks life change -- and a movie

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2008
      CANBERRA (Reuters Life!) - Inspired by a documentary about eating only
      McDonald's for 30 days, Jenna Norwood decided to go for the opposite
      and only eat raw, organic food for a month with the result sparking
      major lifestyle changes -- and a movie.

      The 2004 film "Super Size Me" followed American filmmaker Morgan
      Spurlock for 30 days when he ate food only from McDonald's and
      supersized his meal every time he was asked -- and he put on 24.5
      pounds and suffered mood swings and liver damage.

      Florida-based Norwood said this got her thinking about what would
      happen if you only ate healthy food for a month so she decided to try
      it, keen to slim into a showgirl costume for Halloween, with a film
      crew following her during that time.
      "Things happened beyond my expectations. I had been a vegetarian for
      26 years but I was an unhealthy vegetarian, eating a lot of junk and
      processed foods and always eating on the run," Norwood told Reuters in
      a telephone interview.
      Norwood said eating raw did not have to be dull. Wine is distilled not
      fermented so is raw and you can get raw chocolate.

      "If it weren't for raw chocolate I don't know if I could do this. We
      make raw chocolate brownies and truffles from which you can get all
      the satisfaction you need," she said.

      http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE4A928O20081110