[US] TUNE IN TO VEGCAST 53 FOR KAREN DAVIS OF UNITED POULTRY CONCERNS

  • UPC News
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      *TUNE IN TO VEGCAST 53 FOR KAREN DAVIS OF UNITED POULTRY CONCERNS

      From Vance Lehmkuhl:

      Hello everybody, and I hope your autumn is going well. On our 53rd
      podcast, we talk with Karen Davis, president of United Poultry
      Concerns, about the fate of chickens and other "food" animals, and
      whether legislation such as Proposition 2 in California is a help or a
      hindrance.

      We also hear a song from Heidi Howe, and there is a Science Fact about
      how the bad effects of a Western diet, high in meat, carry over no
      matter where in the world you are. Lastly we reveal the vegetarian
      connection to the
      Phillies winning the World Series!

      Find shownotes here: http://www.vegcast.com

      Or you can directly download the audio file
      here: http://www.vegcast.com/vegcast53.mp3

      Listen Up!

      VANCE LEHMKUHL

      Vance Lehmkuhl is a writer for the Philadelphia Daily News and a
      political cartoonist. A collection of his vegetarian cartoons is
      published as a book, "The Joy of Soy." Vance is featured as a speaker
      and entertainer at the annual Vegetarian Summerfest and has released a
      CD with his original music group, Green Beings.

      For more information about UPC president Karen Davis, click on
      www.upc-online.org/karenbio.htm.*