(U.K.) Macca Slams 'Stupid' Gordon Ramsay for Anti-Vegetarian Rant

  • MaryFinelli@Comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2008
      MACCA SLAMS 'STUPID' GORDON RAMSAY FOR ANTI-VEGETARIAN RANT
      Daily Mail, August 29, 2008

      Sir Paul McCartney has criticised Gordon Ramsay - calling the TV chef 'stupid'. Ramsay, 41, has angered the ex-Beatle, 66, with his outspoken comments against vegetarians. The foul-mouthed chef has annoyed the music legend by saying he could not tolerate it if one of his three daughters came home with a vegetarian boyfriend. Kitchen Nightmares star Ramsay said recently: 'If one of my daughters' boyfriends turns out to be vegetarian I swear to God I'd never forgive them.'

      In another tirade, he said: 'My biggest nightmare would be if the kids ever came up to me and said "Dad, I'm a vegetarian". Then I would sit them on the fence and electrocute them.'

      Sir Paul, who has not eaten meat for 30 years, told Sainsbury's Magazine: 'I think it's a case of live and let live. 'I will talk to people about the advantages of vegetarianism, and it will upset me if we've had a good conversation and they turn around and say something stupid.
      'I just read a quote from Gordon Ramsay... "If my daughter ever grew up and married a vegetarian, I'd never forgive her."
      'But even that I would forgive because it's not my affair, it's not up to me if he talks stupid or not.'

      more at:
      http://tinyurl.com/5ffrlb