Hain Celestial To Buy White WaveFoods' Alternative Meat Business

  • Rebecca Chopin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 5:21 AM
      Updated: May 31st, 2007 03:02 PM EDT

      The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., a natural and organic food and
      personal care products company, announced an agreement to acquire the
      tofu and meat-alternative business of WhiteWave Foods Co., a
      subsidiary of Dean Foods Co. These products are sold under the brand
      names TofuTown(r) and WhiteWave(r) and are currently manufactured in
      Boulder, Colo.

      "Adding the tofu and meat-alternative business from WhiteWave Foods
      complements our existing Yves Veggie Cuisine(r) product line,
      strengthening and expanding our fresh, meat-free alternative product
      offerings to further support this sector of the growing natural and
      organic market," commented Irwin D. Simon, president and chief
      executive officer of The Hain Celestial Group, in a prepared
      statement. "Purchasing this business will better position the Company
      to increase our meat-free alternative product sales in Canada and the
      United States, as we integrate the sales and marketing into our
      existing Yves operation." concluded Irwin Simon.

      FULL STORY:
      http://www.amonline.com/web/online/Vending-Market-Watch-News/Hain-Celestial-To-Buy-White-WaveFoods-Alternative-Meat-Business/1$19037