Panda Express Not Vegetarian

  • MaryFinelli@Comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      PANDA EXPRESS - NOT VEGETARIAN
      from: VRG-NEWS, The Vegetarian Resource Group Newsletter
      Editors: Sonja Y. Helman & John L. Cunningham
      December 2006

      Most of you have probably eaten at or at least seen the popular
      quick-service Chinese restaurant, Panda Express. It is common to find
      them at airports and food courts. You may not be aware that with the
      exception of the steamed rice, their food is not vegetarian. Their
      website unequivocally states "we do not offer vegetarian meals." Their
      food is prepared with a chicken base. For more information, you can go
      to their nutrition page on the web [ http://www.pandaexpress.com/menu/nutrition.aspx ].

      They responded to
      our email saying, "Although some of our stores are transitioning to
      using a vegetable broth we still do not offer vegetarian entrees." If
      you would like to offer positive comments to Panda Express regarding
      your desire that all their restaurants use vegetable broth, you can
      contact them through their website [ http://www.pandaexpress.com ].