6386VegSource Newsletter

  • Jeff Nelson
    Jul 31, 2004
      Sign up for the VegSource Newsletter at:
      http://www.vegsource.com/newsletter.htm

      --------Current Issue: Midsummer Update

      Greetings friends!

      Got a few things you might be interested in.

      1) We really hope to see as many VegSourcers as possible at the Healthy Lifestyle Expo this October 8 thru 10th here in Los Angeles! It's a one of a kind experience. Inspiring, fun, educational, and inexpensive. We've really made an effort to make it affordable this year. Food is great, speakers are phenomenal, and we love seeing our old friends and meeting some new ones.

      We have added more exciting speakers, such as vegan superwoman and infomercial queen Susan Powter, and Michael Jacobson of the Center for Science in the Public Interest -- CSPI. Jacobson is the person who successfully fought Capitol Hill to get food labeling laws passed. Adding to his numerous achivements, he is now advocating for a shift to a vegetarian diet, and will be speaking on that topic at the Expo.

      The number one way to support VegSource is to attend our conference, and be part of the family. You can buy your ticket online using our secure server:

      http://www.vegsource.com/expo/tickets.htm

      Full details on the conference are here:

      http://www.HealthyLifestyleExpo.com

      2) T. Colin Campbell PhD video added -- Dr. Campbell's presentation from last year's VegSource Conference is now online. To view his fascinating talk, visit

      http://www.healthylifestyleexpo.com/

      3) Check out the encouraging results from the largest vegan/vegetarian study, the Oxford-EPIC study, analyzed by noted statistician Paul Appleby:

      http://www.vegsource.com/articles2/epic_oxford_lessons.htm

      4) Mothering Magazine recently went on the warpath against soy. John Robbins has written a cogent, thoughtful response at:

      http://www.foodrevolution.org/mothering.htm

      5) Michael Greger, MD, has put together the definitive Atkins information site, where you should consider sending any friends or loved ones seduced into low carb:

      http://www.atkinsfacts.org

      6) Share your favorite vegan recipe, win a trip to Hawaii! Expo sponsor Dole Nutrition Institute is running a contest this summer. Submit your plant-based recipe and you may be celebrating your creativity in Hawaii! Details at:

      http://www.vegsource.com/articles2/dole_contest.htm

      7) Finally, as a special favor, Peter Lamas of LamasBeauty is offering a buy one, get one free deal to VegSourcers -- buy one vegan Night Radiance kit, get a second one free! This kit contains some of Sabrina's favorite products -- a healthy makeup alternative that doesn't just conceal, it heals! See details here:

      http://www.lamasbeauty.com/kits/lnr01_special2.htm

      Peas and love,
      Jeff & Sabrina
      http://www.vegsource.com/