21201Ezra the rooster, sacrificed cruelly in a cemetery

  • upcnews@ymail.com
    Jan 16, 2014
      United Poultry Concerns - http://www.UPC-online.org/

      Ezra the rooster, sacrificed cruelly in a cemetery
      He survived for a week to be saved

      On January 8, Robert Grillo of Free from Harm wrote to UPC:

      Nothing could have prepared me for the series of texts and emails I received
      last night describing a ritual "offering" of a live rooster who was found with
      his legs tied very tightly together and placed at a headstone in a cemetery.
      Tied to his legs was a baby doll, ribbons and a piece of fatty, raw meat.
      Apparently, someone visiting a deceased relative reported seeing him alive on
      Christmas Eve and called police. But upon returning New Year's Eve found him
      still there, so he languished in the cold without food or water for at least a
      week or more through these record winter storms.

      Ezra the rooster Whoever did this intended for him to die a slow and painful
      death from starvation, dehydration, hypothermia or predator attack. Today he'll
      be seeing a vet to assess what his prospects are, which don't look very good. He
      has severe frostbite in his extremities and his feet are black, which may
      indicate gangrene or severe frostbite. We assume he was the victim of some form
      of ritual religious sacrifice. Photo attached.

      Robert Grillo, Executive Director

      Free from Harm:

      On January 15, Robert wrote to UPC:

      Karen, He has miraculously recovered from the surgery to remove his feet and
      part of a leg which was afflicted with gangrene. He appears alert and
      surprisingly animated, eating well and quite communicative. Here's the first
      post I published on him:

      -- Robert

      http://www.UPC-online.org/ http://www.twitter.com/upcnews

      View this article online