ORACLE 10G HOST CREDENTIAL

  • Nirav Trivedi
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi All,

      I am using Oracle 10g database in windows XP Professional. I have 2 user named Administrator and another is Oracle (which add in oradba group)

      When I am taking Backup using oracle EM, asking for Database Credintial and Host Credintial. I am giving Database using SYS/SYS and in Host Credintial ORACLE/ORACLE but, when I enter oracle/oracle it not accepted.

      Kindly give me advise.

      Regards,

      Nirav Trivedi

    • Bhavin Tanna
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
        Dear Mr. Nirav,

        Go to Control panel, Administrative Tool, open "local security policy"

        Go to Local policies-->User Rights Assignment

        Double click on "Logon as batch job"

        Add your username which is used in EM for host credential.

        Restart your system.

        And try..

        Nirav Trivedi <na_trivedi@...> wrote:
        Hi All,

        I am using Oracle 10g database in windows XP Professional. I have 2 user named Administrator and another is Oracle (which add in oradba group)

        When I am taking Backup using oracle EM, asking for Database Credintial and Host Credintial. I am giving Database using SYS/SYS and in Host Credintial ORACLE/ORACLE but, when I enter oracle/oracle it not accepted.

        Kindly give me advise.

        Regards,

        Nirav Trivedi

        Bhavin K. Tanna
        Oracle DBA
        Computer Systems
        MHD LLC,Ruwi, Muscat
        Sultanate Of Oman
        Cell: 00968 99461868
        Ph : 00968 - 24703777 / 24703422 (X -253)
        Fax : 00968 - 24789945
        http://www.mhdoman.com

      • atri prashant

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
            hi,

            after setup user as batch job, in OEM enter username
            as domainname\username for host credential

            regards,
            samir