Re: [itsoracleteam] FRM-40024: Out of memory.

  • pulin_84@yahoo.co.in
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 23, 2013

      Thanks for sharing ,

      Atleast we have a direction to head to..
      How is Application server tuned? -- right from OS level.
      Please check the process level parameters on app server.Might worth looking at the application server logs.
      Good luck

      Pulin

      Sent from Samsung mobile

      Pankaj Muley wrote:

      Dear Pulin,

      Today I increased the memory for JVM Heap Size ~ initial and maximum as read in one of the article (links given below). But did not work out !

      Once also took the OS Bounce of both DB, OAS servers today.

      Still getting the same error !!

      Here'r the links :

      I feel the Applet on which the formsweb.cfg configuration is set, is short of memory ~ which is taken care by JVM Heap Size as learnt thru' these links !

      But still there's something different and need to be searched for.

      I've not yet got the exact error-message from the log files on application server.

      Thanks/Regards

      Pankaj S Muley

      On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM, pulin_84@... <pulin_84@...> wrote:

      Ok,
      Lets try that [memory at application layer] as a start and do one thing at a time..

      Good luck.
      Regards,
      Pulin

      Sent from Samsung mobile

      Pankaj Muley wrote:

      Dear Pulin,

      Nice to see your mail. Wish you are fine !

      I feel your doubt seems to be true.

      A session is created on DB server - which as suggested I traced and found that it goes and  stops at the "call_form inbuilt" i.e. the trace gives the reference of command that comes exactly before call_form inbuilt and not the call_form itself ~ now which makes us feel that when another form (menu form for example) is called adequate memory is not allotted by the application server and it should not be the problem at Database level !! I'm not yet sure but we feel so !! As soon as it tries to load another form using call_form, FRM-40024 - out of memory is fired !! (We tried loading individual form - which executes fine through application server !!)

      Java pool in Database, is a part of SGA target and 16 M is allocated  to it, as mentioned in one of the earlier mails in this string.

      Should I increase the memory allocation to Web Cache, HTTP components of Application Server or something else need to be done ! Pl. guide !!

      Hopefully awaiting your hint. I too am trying to get near to the solution based on the findings so far !!

      Best wishes/regards.

      Pankaj S Muley
      (07869911545)

      On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM, pulin_84@... <pulin_84@...> wrote:

      Hello Pankajji,

      Are we discussing Application Server parameters as well?
      Do you see session created on database server while encountering this error?
      Have you got tracing enabled at datbase server -- worth trying this..
      Whats your JAVA pool like..is this explicitly set to 0 or datbase refering to 'SGA target'?

      Regards,
      Pulin

      Sent from Samsung mobile

      Pankaj Muley wrote:

      Hello !

      GM !

      I tried to work on PGA SGA parameteres just now.

      Earlier SGA was 9.3 G, PGA was 3 G.

      I went on changing the various values taking from equating the values of PGA, SGA (to 5G each) and came to following configuration.

      SGA to 3G and PGA to 9.3

      Still the same result FRM-400024 Out of Memory !!

      Currently also tried re-compiling the forms and executing them but the same result.

      Not getting what exactly the problem may be !!??

      Awaiting solution / hint to dig deep into this issue.

      Thanks/Regards

      Pankaj S Muley
      07869911545

      On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM, ANKITA PATEL <anki.patel21287@...> wrote:

      did u check memory of pga and sga

      sga must be greater than pga.
      u told me u created yr database using dbca.sometimes it happens pga has more memory than sga.u should have to check that compnent also.

      On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Pankaj Muley <psmuley@...> wrote:

      hi

      Ankitaji, thanks for your concern and tips.

      lock_sga parameter is false.

      My PC (also as checked on number of other PC's) we have enough memory ~ mine is 4GB RAM, others have 2GB minimum !!

      My DB Server and App.Server both have 32 GB RAM.

      What memory is this error specifying exactly !! I've created the Database using DBCA utility and is successfully created. Application Server too is successfully installed/configured !! what can the reason be !?

      On Application Server if I change the connect string i.e change the DB, it works fine for other DB as checked!

      Experts please help.

      Thanks/Regards

      Pankaj S Muley

      On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM, ANKITA PATEL <anki.patel21287@...> wrote:

      hi

      chech yr lock_sga parameter. it should be false. otherwise yr pc has not enough memory.

      On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:15 AM, Pankaj Muley <psmuley@...> wrote:

      Dear friends,

      I'm facing the following problem when opening our newly setup erp.

      Both are 10g the database (10.2.0.1.0) and application server (10.1.2.0.2).

      Inline image 1

      Pl. guide me.

      Thanks/Regards

      Pankaj S Muley
      07869911545

    • tadvi gayatri
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 24, 2013
        As per Oracle Metalink Note:

        -- To implement the solution, add more JVMs to the OC4J container by performing the following steps:

        1. Make a backup of <AS-Oracle-Home>/opmn/conf/opmn.xml file.

        2. Edit opmn.xml file and set numprocs=3 and -Xmx1600m for the OC4J container in question.
        This will result in 3 JVMs, each of 1600M in size, for a total of 4800M for the container.
        <process-set id="default_group" numprocs="3"/>
        3. Restart the container for the change to take effect.

        http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B15909_02/relnotes.1012/relnotes/oc4j.htm

        http://sqltech.cl/doc/oas10gR31/core.1013/b28942/top_issues.htm#BCFEEABC

        Pankaj Muley wrote:
[...]

      • Pankaj Muley
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 24, 2013
          Thanks Gayatri for your update.

          Dear friends, Currently I performed the following test and have reached the conclusion that the problem is not at the Application Server but at the Database side.

          I'd created one Form Configuration - connecting another database - where the application forms are getting opened - just lack webutil configuration as detected.

          In the same configuration as soon as I change the database link I start getting this issue (frm-40024 - Out of Memory)  ~ confirming that the issue is at Database side only - what I feel.

          If anybody can shade some light on this problem at Database Side please tell me  ~ as pressures are rising from mgmt side for the set-up.

          As per my early mails - I've already given the SGA/PGA configurations where java too is a part of SGA ~ Also that I tried to vary the SGA/PGA sizes in Database ~ with no changes in its behavious as far as this issue is concerned.

          Pl. tell me where should I target on DB for this particular issue.

          Awaiting your early replies.

          Thanks/Regards

          Pankaj S Muley
          07869911545

          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 26, 2013
            Any hopes !!??

            One update for today : We re-Installed the Oracle Database - after formatting the OS.

            Still getting the same results - FRM-40024 !! It's not allowing forms to re-connect after that is once it takes the application user name / password successfully and then is supposed to re-connect to the database for this username and open the menu form ~ which is not happening  and throwing this error FRM-40024 !!

            Thanks/Regards

            Pankaj S Muley
            07869911545

            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 26, 2013
              Out of the Blue...

              Do you have OPS$ authentication configured or required to be configured for Apps to Database connection?

              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 26, 2013
                Dear Pulin,

                I didn't get your question exactly but when I execute my in-house erp through http web page it opens the user authentication page where it interacts with the database. Once it gets all the details from login form it needs to open the menu (a tree structure) as per the user authentication where it is failing, what we feel for :
                1. opening the menu form.
                2. creating another session on the database.

                No special connections using OPS$ connections are required as such, as I've been doing this since last 2 years and never faced such problem ~ this is for 1st time.

                Now I'm not exactly getting which memory is it pointing to in the error (any idea of which memory portion is this telling) ~ SGA, PGA on Database have no issues and on Application Server I've increased the JVM Heap size both initial and maximum.

                But then when we change the database link on the configuration how does all these things get available easily ~ proving that there's no problem on Application server !! We also tried to connect to this Database (one in picture) from another application server (prodcution one) giving database link to this database - and we get the same result FRM-40024 !!!

                Keep the thoughts rolling ~ may be one of them will strike the target !! Keeping the hopes high !!

                Thanks/Regards

                Best wishes
                Pankaj S Muley
                07869911545

                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 26, 2013
                  Hello Pankaji,

                  Can you compare the follwing between the env. of where it works..

                  • OS + Network + Firewall/Port Config between Test & PROD DB servers
                  • Verify and Compare Database level Parameters end to end..!!
                  • IF allowed can you Replicate[OS Level] the same App server and try and produce a test case on Dev env.

                  Counting the implication of your investigation, if Both DB are similar then something has to do with the layer Above!

                  How is your Infrastructure designed? - Meaning, how are you servers distributed? all at one location/one rack all sharing same Switch/Router, any network policy difference.

                  Sorry, asking a lot But now it really fells to be diff..

                  Also please send in the list of Config point wise:

                  • Server OS, DB version, APP version - Want to browse on Meta link and find something if I can.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 28, 2013

                    Hello Pankajji,

                    Would you please mind sharing any update on issue?

                    Sent from Samsung mobile

                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 28, 2013
                      Hi Pulin,

                      Sorry for not updating since y'day.

                      Actually, the problem remains unsolved so far as far as frm-40024 is concerned, and we couldn't know the reason for that.

                      But one positive thing happened y'day :

                      We had RMAN backup of one of the clients database - being taken regularly. On request of the main concerned members of our team, we took a task of recovering that backup on this particular database ~ by slight modification in the file structure. And to our surprize that clicked !! We were able to run the said application using the same formsweb.cfg profile successfully.

                      After that we did another experiment. Created the another database using DBCA and OMF without changing anything in that. Created couple of tablespaces and one main user - copied few (bare minimum) tables / synonyms / views from another similar database and tried to run the application - frm 40024 disappeared !!

                      Now we doubt the exp/imp (not expdp) which we had kept ready earlier, or importing whole export dmp without creating the users (i.e. earlier we allowed users to get created thru' imp) ~ not reached exact inference  but doubt that only.

                      Further, this is for 1st time I've used DBCA for creating the databases ~ earlier used to create manually ; but as we are facing mouse navigation issue have a feeling that some of the functions/packages must be left out due to which mouse navigation was a problem ~ we decided to go for DBCA utility for database creation.

                      Still mouse navigation problem exists ~ would like to receive any update on this too !!

                      So overall it was a very rich experience and I thank everybody for their concerns and valuable updates. Still frm-40024 is a mystery !!

                      Pulin, I will send you the details as asked in your   previous mail, so as to check up with OTN ~ atleast we will get the idea which memory was it pointing to !!

                      Thanks/Regards

                      Pankaj S Muley