Regarding Oracle Audit Logging Of User

  • Sunil Shah
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2012
      Hi Team ,

      I want to establish as mechanism to track all user who are logging
      into the database.
      the Information which needs to be tracked or captured on logon till
      logoff per session , is the machine name, terminal, username , which
      all commands sql query user fires, logontime, logoff time.

      I can use v$session and v$sql and logon and logoff trigger.

      But anyone of you have a better idea
      Please share your ideas.

      --
      Sunil Shah
      Mobile:9158878645
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2012
        Hi,

        For a start, I appreciate your approach to ITS group with a clear requirment & the work you put in to get the workarounds to it; not like regular Questionaires ending with blank minds.[Sorry to be rude../ Generally speaking, Many DBA's in this group need to change their approach of asking questions without churning their own Brians.. ]

        Now...

        All mentioned are appropriate,
        But you should be aware, the information you are after will depend on the amount on Transactional throughput in you database & also varies as per the sessions.

        Better sit down & get a capacity planing in place, As I forsee that the info you after will be best sorted out by enabling DB/User level Audit.

        If you are after fetching the Sql executed by users too [ beware of recursive sql's] then DB_Extended [Enough storage Required/ Space on Tablespace/Datafile] is the approriate option.

        To many things to get on with..

            Get things clear from you management.
            Argue the reason for fetching the required Info.
            Retention period of data; Purge policy.
            Purpose: Generic Audit/Security Audit/ Management perpective Audit
            Extract AUDIT objects Out of SYSTEM storage Env. [Recommended].

        Not Easy as it sounds..

        Best approach, Review you database activity through AWR, Check for the Busiest hour of the Day [Load, Transactions], Identify Critical 'Schema/s', 'Object/s' suited for AUDIT.

        Too many DB's in Business.. Audit Vault...[Supports Hetrogenous Env. too].