Oracle Error :: ORA-01466

  • suchi upadhyay
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2006
      Hello All,

      I got the following error when i wnat to insert the record into the table from past data...so infom me if anyone konws abt it pl.

      Oracle Error :: ORA-01466

      unable to read data - table definition has changed

      Regards,
      Suchi
    • its
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2006
        ORA-1466 is a time-based read consistency error for a database object,
        such as a table or index.  The creation time-stamp of the object is
        greater than the current system time. This happens, for example, when
        the system time is set to a time  earlier than the creation time of
        the object. If the cause is  a creation time-stamp in the future, ensure
        the system time is set  correctly. If the object creation time-stamp is
        still greater than the system  time, then export the object's data, drop
        the object, recreate the object so it has a new creation time-stamp,
        import the object's data, and resume work.

        Trying  to follow the above recommendations, you performed an export/drop
        of all tables, import data back in the Catalog DB, but this did not resolve
        the problem.

        Solution Description:
        =====================
        Re-install the server and re-create the Catalog DB.
        Check on the creation date of the OBK_CAT_MAINT object:

        sqlplus `cat $EBU_HOME/admin/catalog.ebu`
        col current_time format a20
        col created_time format a20
                   select to_char(created,'mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss') created_time,
                   to_char(sysdate,'mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss') current_time
               from user_objects where OBJECT_NAME='OBK_CAT_MAINT';

        created_time has to be less than current_time.

        Also, investigate why the operating system date is wrong. e.g. was Y2K
        testing being done?

        Explanation:
        =====================

        The catalog and the database had been installed with a "future" time.

        ORA-1466 occurs when the creation time is greater than the current time.

        By recreating this database you  make sure  that none of its objects are   in
        "future".

        Regards
        ITS Oracle Team

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2006
          Error:  ORA 1466
          Text:   unable to read data -- object definition has changed
          Cause:  This is a time-based read consistency error for a database object,
                  such as a table or index.
                  Either of the following may have happened:
                  The query was parsed and executed with a snapshot older than the time
                  the object was changed.
                  The creation time-stamp of the object is greater than the current
                  system time.
                  This happens, for example, when the system time is set to a time
                  earlier than the creation time of the object.
          Action: If the cause is
                  an old snapshot, then commit or rollback the transaction and resume
                  work.
                  a creation time-stamp in the future, ensure the system time is set
                  correctly.
                  If the object creation time-stamp is still greater than the system
                  time, then export the object's data, drop the object, recreate the
                  object so it has a new creation time-stamp, import the object's data,
                  and resume work.

          Regds
          ITS Oracle Team

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2006

            hi
            i read your problem . i am fresher dba.so as far is my nolege is consernd you get error
            due to overwriting in a undo tablespace so increase retention period of it in your parameter file. then your undo data can not be over written before that time. it is nessary that you have a sufficiant space in undo tablespace other wise it does not allow another entry and gives error that undo memory is full. take care of this problem and increse retention period your problem is definatly solved.

            mayank jani
            its <its@...> wrote:
[...]

            Oracle database softwareOracle database administratorOracle database administration
            Oracle 8i databaseOracle databaseOracle database training