6722Re: [itsoracleteam] Tablespace free space not shrink
- Apr 28, 2014Few useful scripts:BlockMap - tablespace - whole Tablespace gapblockmap - datafile - Gap in datafileDatafile Segment Map - Objects in datafileObject at endMaxshrink.sql - How much you can reduceOn Monday, 28 April 2014 9:03 PM, Dhwanil Raval <dhwanil_18r@...> wrote:
You have objects at the end of datafile, which prevents this tablespace from resize. Identify those objects, move those objects, and then you can resize datafile.
Sent from my iPad
On 28-Apr-2014, at 20:59, Ishan joshi <ishanjoshi@...> wrote:Hello Team,
I am facing issue related to Operating system level space issue for /u01 partition. we are using oracle 11g EE. While checking tablespace space, I found one of my tablespace datafile showing 14G in DB as well as OS level (datafile). While checking the free space I found that the Tablespace is 99% free.
Please find steps that I followed to release space.
1. Truncate table that was carring huge data.
2. shrink the table with shrink space compact parameter.
3. shrink tablespace as per 11g features
4. tried to resize the tablespace but it can resize till 13G only. but mesuring the free space it shows 99% free.
Is there any way to reclaim free size from tablespace as Os level my /u01 partio
Thanks & Regards,
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>