6720Tablespace free space not shrink

  • Ishan joshi
    Apr 28, 2014
      Hello Team,

      I am facing issue related to Operating system level space issue for /u01 partition. we are using oracle 11g EE.  While checking tablespace  space, I found one of my tablespace datafile showing 14G in DB as well as OS level (datafile). While checking the free space I found that the Tablespace is 99% free.

      Please find steps that I followed to release space.

      1. Truncate table that was carring huge data.
      2. shrink the table with shrink space compact parameter.
      3. shrink tablespace as per 11g features
      4. tried to resize the tablespace but it can resize till 13G only. but mesuring the free space it shows 99% free.

      Is there any way to reclaim free size from tablespace as Os level my /u01 partio

      Thanks & Regards,

      ISHAN JOSHI
      9979097477

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic