6707BI support engineer : Ahmedabad
- Apr 11, 2014
Business Intelligence Support Engineer (Location : Ahmedabad)
• Analyzing customer’s Business Intelligence product configuration & troubleshooting
issues with deep analysis of data architecture, modeling, reporting and dashboards.
• Troubleshooting Star schema and Snowflake design models with a deep understanding
of Data Warehousing concepts.
• Resolving data modeling issues for Birst customers.
• Troubleshooting and resolving complex SQL scripting issues.
• Troubleshooting application and database event logs, system Backup & Recovery,
application Load balancing/clustering
• Managing multiple incidents & problems while working in high visibility situations
• Working independently and with minimal supervision to complete tasks and
assignments as directed.
• Coordinating with internal product and hosting teams to ensure timely resolution of
• Contributing to our ever growing Knowledge Base Articles.
• Identifying and promoting opportunities to reduce the amount of direct support
required through product improvements, training, online support, and self-service.
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science
• Excellent analytical problem-solving skills required.
• 3+ years of experience with one or more Business Intelligence tools like Microstrategy,
Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE and QlikView.
• 3+ years of experience in SQL with common RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata,
MySQL, Postgres etc.
• Ability to write and debug complex SQL
• Exposure to data modeling for data warehousing- star, snowflake schema designs
• Exposure to ETL, Data Integration tools like Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Data Stage, Data
Integrator, etc. is a plus.
• Knowledge of high availability & performance tuning techniques in SQL Server
Administration is a plus.
• Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC), CRM or SAP is a big plus.
• Knowledge of Windows architecture, HTML, XML and an understanding of the internet
is a big plus.
• Ability to take leadership of issues and drive them to closure
• High energy, passion and drive for success.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage conflict, and
• Prior experience of working in a technical support environment is preferred.
Send CV to mittal.shah@...