Closing the conference

  • Anthony Pym
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2003
      Dear ititers

      Many thanks for all the messages.

      This one should be the last message in our on-line conference. People
      who signed on for the event are now free to sign off. Others may like
      to stay tuned, since we use this list to circulate general news and
      information about translator training.

      Our face-to-face symposium in Tarragona finished a few minutes ago.
      The final round table reflected on the online conference. It was
      generally agreed that the exchanges had been useful. Some of us had
      not found time to read all the messages, or at least to read
      everything in the long messages, and this may have been a reason why
      so few people actually sent messages to the list (as Olga Torres
      pointed out, she didn't want to say something that might have been
      said before).

      At the moment, I must admit I am more worried about the Davis Cup
      match in Melbourne, between Australia (2) and Spain (1).

      Thank-you linespersons
      Thank-you ballchildren

      Best to all
      Anthony