Monterey Summer Program in Translation Teaching

  • DCKiraly@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2002
      This is just a brief follow-up to my last message about the course in translation teaching I am organizing, which will take place from August 5-16 at the Monterey Institute of International Studies in California.

      A number of people from the ITIT group have shown interest in the program but have indicated that the application deadline (April 1st) is already upon us. To accomodate potential participants from abroad who have just recently found out about the program, we have decided to extend the application deadline to May 1st.

      I am afraid we will still be able to accomodate no more than 25 participants who will be accepted on a first come-first served basis. Once again, the program website is: http://www.donkiraly.com/CERTT2/. There you will find basic information about the program as well as an application for admission. Local staff at Monterey will provide assistance finding inexpensive off-campus student housing. Housing is limited, however, so if you intend to join us, please sign up at your earliest convenience.

      Don Kiraly
      DCKiraly@...
    • Diane DeTerra
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2002
        Don

        Have you sent this to GSTI alumni? The new director is Shirley Coly and
        Jeff Wood is also a good resource.

        Diane

        DCKiraly@... writes:
        >This is just a brief follow-up to my last message about the course in
        >translation teaching I am organizing, which will take place from August
        >5-16 at the Monterey Institute of International Studies in California.
        >
        >A number of people from the ITIT group have shown interest in the program
        >but have indicated that the application deadline (April 1st) is already
        >upon us. To accomodate potential participants from abroad who have just
        >recently found out about the program, we have decided to extend the
        >application deadline to May 1st.
        >
        >I am afraid we will still be able to accomodate no more than 25
        >participants who will be accepted on a first come-first served basis.
        >Once again, the program website is: http://www.donkiraly.com/CERTT2/.
        >There you will find basic information about the program as well as an
        >application for admission. Local staff at Monterey will provide
        >assistance finding inexpensive off-campus student housing. Housing is
        >limited, however, so if you intend to join us, please sign up at your
        >earliest convenience.
        >
        >Don Kiraly
        >DCKiraly@...

        Diane de Terra, PhD
        Dean, Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation
        Monterey Institute of International Studies
        425 Van Buren Street
        Monterey, California 93940

        Tel. 831-647-4170
        Fax 831-647-3560
        Email ddeterra@...
        http://www.miis.edu
      • María Julia Sainz
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2002
          Dear Don,

          Thank you for keeping me posted about your course. I've certainly passed on
          the word.

          Best of good luck!

          María Julia

          ---