Virus Alert - a hoax

  • Peter J Carroll
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2001
      I sent out a message on 29 December about a virus. I have since been told the virus is a hoax.

      For more information see http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html or www.sarc.com

      Apparently the file is a real windows file and can be restored.

      My apologies.

      Peter

      Contact Details:
      Dr Peter J Carroll
      PO Box 976
      Nightcliff NT 0814
      ph/fax 08 89481642

    • Anthony Pym
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2002
        To make my previous message clearer:

        Dr Hentai's paper has been uploaded to the file space of the ITIT list, at:

        Note that we can use that space to make papers of all kinds available, even
        some serious ones. This might be useful for people with pre-print versions
        that they would like comments on, or for research reports that you don't
        want to wait two years to get published.

        Best to all
        Anthony

        Anthony Pym
        Universitat Rovira i Virgili