Masters programme

  • Anthony Pym
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 4:42 AM
      Please forgive the crass publicity, but this is a new programme that may be
      of interest to you or your students. It might also indicate what kind of
      sense I personally made of our on-line symposium back in January:

      MASTERS AND POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN TECHNICAL TRANSLATION (SPANISH-ENGLISH)

      The Universitat Rovira i Virgili in Tarragona, Spain, offers one-year (
      Postgraduate Diploma) and two-year (Masters) programmes in Technical
      Translation, focusing on Spanish-English.

      The programmes specialize in the skills most in demand on the professional
      market:
      - Use of electronic tools
      - Software and website localization
      - Technical writing
      - Revision techniques
      - Translator-client relations

      The course is specially designed for non-Spanish students who want to
      further their translation skills at the same time as they improve their
      knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan.

      All classes are taught in English, with the exception of special classes in
      writing techniques in Spanish or Catalan. Language classes are available
      alongside the technical translation seminars.

      The number of students is strictly limited.

      The programmes begin on October 15, 2000.

      For further information, see http://www.fut.es/~apym/masters/m.html
      or contact Anthony Pym at ap@....

      Anthony Pym
      Filologia Anglogermànica