CFP: Volume on Teaching Translation

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2013
      Call for Proposals: Volume on Teaching Translation
      ed. Lawrence Venuti
      Modern Language Association, New York City

      Essay proposals are invited for a volume in the MLA's Options for Teaching series entitled Teaching Translation, to be edited by Lawrence Venuti. The volume is designed to offer faculty members models for developing programs as well as strategies for teaching translation practice and research. The essays will fall into three categories: accounts of representative programs, whether undergraduate or graduate, that offer degrees or certificates; descriptions of courses and pedagogies for teaching the translation into English of humanistic, pragmatic, and technical texts; and descriptions of courses and pedagogies for teaching translation—into any language—as an object of analysis and research, whether the course is devoted solely to translation theory and history or whether translation is included among other forms and practices in a course devoted to topics in literary, film, and cultural studies or other artistic and humanistic fields. The volume will include an essay on translation and new media, with attention to computer-assisted translation, although any such contribution needs to consider the cultural and political implications of the use of technology. If you are interested in contributing an essay (3,000–3,500 words) that falls into one of these categories, please send a detailed proposal to Lawrence Venuti (LVenuti@...) by 1 May 2013.
    • Alex
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4 1:17 AM
        Dear Colleagues,

        I am pleased to let you know that CIUTI Professional Development Course: Enhancing Skills for Teachers of Translation and Interpreting will be held at london Metropolitan University in July 2013.

        For more information about the course please visit our page for short professional courses: http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/depts/fssh/courses/shortcourses/home.cfm

        If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me and my colleagues and I will send you further details.

        Best wishes,

        Alex

        Dr Alex Krouglov
        International Projects Coordinator and CIUTI Council Member
        TEMPUS Project Coordinator ENHANCEMENT OF QUALITY ASSURANCE SYSTEM THROUGH PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF ACADEMIC LEADERS (QAPD)
        Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
        London Metropolitan University

        Tel 44 (0)20 7320 1594
        Fax 44 (0)20 7320 1519
        a.krouglov@...
        krouglov@...

        www.londonmet.ac.uk
        www.qapd.uz
        http://ciuti.org

        The Faculty is a member of CIUTI and the London Consortium for Routes into Languages.
        The MA Translation is a member of the European Master's in Translation network (EMT).