ERIH journal rankings

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2011
      As President of the European Society for Translation Studies, I give my full personal support to the resolution on ERIH journal rankings made by the Canadian Association of Translation Studies (CATS) at its 24th annual General Meeting on June 1, 2011.

      I hasten to add that the 2011 ERIH lists not only inexplicably lower the ranks of the Canadian journals Meta and TTR, they also downgrade the Benjamins journal Interpreting and the Routledge journal Perspectives, in addition to classifying journals like Hermes and Linguistica Antverpiensia as being merely national in impact.

      The ERIH lists can be consulted here: https://www2.esf.org/asp/ERIH/Foreword/index.asp

      A full statement from the European Society of Translation Studies is being prepared.