Stephen C. Soong Translation Studies Awards (2010-2011)
- From: RCT [mailto:rct@...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 4:42 AM
To: RCT Mailing List
Subject: CALL FOR ENTRIES: Stephen C. Soong Translation Studies Awards (2010-2011)
Ïã¸ÛÖÐÎÄ´óW·×gÑÐ¾¿ÖÐÐÄ¬FÕ\ÑûÖÐø´óê`¡¢Ïã¸Û¡¢Ì¨³¡¢°ÄéTµØ ^¼°º£ÍâÈAÈËWÕß¡¢ÑÐ¾¿Éú ¢¼Ó2010Äê¶ÈµÚÊ®ÈýÃ¡¸ËÎä¿·×gÑÐ¾¿Õ"ÎÄ¼oÄîª¡¹µÄÔußx»îÓ£¬ÒàgÓWÕßÏò±¾ÖÐÐÄÌáÃûÍÆË]¸ßË®ÊµÄ·×gÑÐ¾¿Õ"ÎÄ¡£Õ"ÎÄª ¢ßx¼tÈçÏÂ£º
1. ÖÐø´óê`¡¢¸Û¡¢°Ä¡¢Å_µØ ^ÒÔ¼°º£ÍâÈAÈËWÕß¡¢ÑÐ¾¿Éú¾ù¿É ¢ßx¡£
2. ¢ßxÕ"ÎÄÒÔÖÐ¡¢Ó¢ÎÄÕZÑÔéÏÞ£¬±ØíÔÚ2010ÄêÈ¹«é_°l±íì¶ÕýÊ½µÄWÐg¿¯Îï¡£Ã¿Î» ¢ßxÕß×î¶à¿Éßf½»ÉÆªÕ"ÎÄ£¬ÕÔÚ ¢ßxÕ"ÎÄµÄï@ÒªÎ»ÖÃËÃ÷ËùÝd¿¯ÎïÃû·Q¼°°l±írégÅc¾íÌ¡£
4. Õ"ÎÄªÔuÎ¯TþÓÉÖÐø´óê`¡¢¸Û¡¢°Ä¡¢Å_µØ ^ÄÊÂ·×gÑÐ¾¿µÄÖªÃûWÕß½M³É£»ÔuÎ¯Tþì¶2011Äê4ÔÂßMÐÐ×îááµÄÔu¹¤×÷£¬Ôu½Y¹û¢ì¶6ÔÂÇ°¹«é_ÐûÑ£¬Ã¿Î»µÃªÕß¢ÊÕµ½ÔuÎ¯TþµÄøÃæÍ¨Öª¡£
¢ßxÕßÕì¶2011Äê1ÔÂ31ÈÕÇ°ÒÔëà]»òà]¼Ä·½Ê½£¨ÒÔà]´Áé×¼£©¢ ¢ßxÕ"ÎÄËÍ½»Ïã¸ÛÖÐÎÄ´óW·×gÑÐ¾¿ÖÐÐÄ¡£ÒÔëà]ËÍ½»Õ"ÎÄµÄ ¢ßxÕß£¬Õ'ßÃèÒÑ°l±íÔÚ¿¯ÎïÉÏµÄÕ"ÎÄKÑu³Épdf n°¸£¬ÒÔ¸½¼þÐÎÊ½÷ËÍ£»ÒÔà]¼ÄËÍ½»Õ"ÎÄµÄ ¢ßxÕß£¬ÕÌá¹©ÒÑ°l±íµÄÕ"ÎÄÔ¼þ»òÑ}Ó¡¼þ¡£
Stephen C. Soong Translation Studies Awards (2010¨C2011)
Call for Entries
Stephen C. Soong (1919¨C1996) was a prolific writer as well as an active figure in the promotion of translation education and research. To commemorate his contributions in this field, the Stephen C. Soong Translation Studies Awards were set up in 1997 by the Research Centre for Translation, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, with a donation from the Soong family. It gives recognition to academics who have made contributions to original research in Chinese Translation Studies, particularly in the use of first-hand sources for historical and cultural investigations.
Entry and Nomination
RCT invites Chinese scholars or research students in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau or overseas regions to participate the 13th Stephen C. Soong Translation Studies Awards (2010¨C2011). General regulations are as follows:
1. Eligibility is limited to Chinese scholars or research students affiliated to mainland Chinese, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau or overseas higher education/research institutes.
2. Submissions must be articles written in either Chinese or English and published in a refereed journal within the calendar year 2010. Each candidate can enter up to two articles for the Awards. The publication date, the title and the volume/number of the journal in which the article(s) appeared must be provided.
3. Up to three articles will be selected as winners each year. A certificate and a cheque of HK$3,000 will be awarded to each winning entry.
4. The adjudication committee, which consists of renowned scholars in Translation Studies from Greater China, will meet in April 2011. The results will be announced before June 2011 and winners will be notified individually.
5. Articles submitted will not be returned to the candidates.
Applications and nominations are invited for this year¡¯s Stephen C. Soong Translation Studies Awards. Entries can be made by email attachment or by post (postmarked by the deadline). For e-mail submission, applicant should attach a pdf file of the scanned version of the published article. For postal submission, either the journal entry or its photocopy should be provided.
E-mail address: rct@...
Postal address: Research Centre for Translation, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong (with ¡®Entry for Awards¡¯ marked on envelope)
All entries should be submitted no later than 31 January 2011. For enquiries, please contact Ms Olivia Lui (wslui@... ).
This is an announcement of the activities and news of the Research Centre for Translation (RCT) at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). To unsubscribe from this list, please send a message with ¡°Unsubscribe¡± in the subject line to rct@....