EST Translation Studies Event Grant, 2011
- European Society for Translation Studies
Translation Studies Event Grant, 2011
Call for applicants
The Event grant is awarded annually to help finance Translation Studies events (conferences, symposia, guest lectures, courses, exhibitions). It may be used to cover a wide range of documented expenses such as bursaries, travel, accommodation, or preparation of conference materials.
Deadline: January 31, 2011
Amount: Up to 1000 euros
Rules and procedures
1. At least one member of the organizing or scientific committee must be a paid-up member of the European Society for Translation Studies.
2. The funds have to support a Translation Studies event. This may include symposia, courses, visits of keynote speakers, etc.
3. Applications should explain the circumstances under which the request is made and include details about the specific use of the sum requested.
4. The Event Grant Committee will conduct an evaluation of each application on the basis of:
a. the needs demonstrated in the application,
b. the importance of the event for the Translation Studies community,
c. compliance of the event with the EST's general philosophy of making Translation Studies accessible to all.
5. The sum granted will be transferred to the applicant's account after invoices and/or receipts have been received.
6. Applications should be sent by email to the Chair of the Event Grant Committee, Magdalena Bart³omiejczyk: magdalenabartlomiejczyk@.... Reception will be acknowledged.
7. The deadline for submitting applications for 2011 is January 31, 2011. The decision of the Committee will be announced at the beginning of March. The grant may thus be requested for events that are planned for between March 1 and January 31, 2012.
Previous beneficiaries of the grant:
2008: Lawrence Venuti as a keynote speaker to the Translation in the Visual Culture Symposium held in Edinburgh in April 2009.
2009: Bursaries for 5 postgraduate students attending the 6th International Conference "Critical Link", Aston University, Birmingham, July 2010.