Obituary - Hans J. Vermeer

  • Dizdar, Dilek
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2010
      On 4 February 2010, the great translation theorist and scholar Professor Dr. Dr. h. c. Hans J. Vermeer, our invaluable and very dear teacher and friend, departed from us. We, his friends and students and everyone who knew him, feel this loss deeply. The world of translation studies has lost one of its founders, one of its most productive and creative theorists, and a magnanimous, modest and caring teacher, who was the source of so many works and who inspired countless researchers and scholars. We offer our deepest condolences to all friends, colleagues and students of our beloved teacher and to the international translation studies community.

      Dilek Dizdar - Şebnem Bahadır

      Prof. Dr. Dilek Dizdar
      Juniorprofessorin für Interkulturelle Germanistik,
      Schwerpunkt Translationswissenschaft

      Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
      Fachbereich Translations-, Sprach- und Kulturwissenschaft
      An der Hochschule 2; D-76711 Germersheim
      Tel.: +49- 7274 508 35 325
      Fax: +49- 7274 508 35 429