Position at Aston, UK

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2010
      From: Schaeffner, Christina [c.schaeffner@...]
      Sent: 29 January 2010 17:49

      Subject: Job offer at Aston

      Dear all

      Please note the job offer below and advertise widely. It's a position in Translation Studies, independent of any specific language (French, German, or Spanish advantage, but not condition)

      Best wishes

      Christina

      Aston University
      School of Languages & Social Sciences

      Lecturer, Senior Lecturer or Reader in Translation Studies
      Salary Range from £31,671 to £52,347 p.a.

      The School of Languages and Social Sciences is an ambitious, expanding, multidisciplinary School with an established reputation for excellence in teaching and research. We are looking for a team player, who is committed to research in their discipline, open to interdisciplinary collaboration and to innovation in teaching and learning.

      Applicants should have a doctorate in Translation Studies, experience in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level and a relevant research profile. In order to enhance and strengthen our portfolio of Translation Studies programmes, we are particularly interested in applicants with expertise in cultural and/or sociological aspects of translation, media translation, or translation technology. Native or near-native competence in French, German, or Spanish is an advantage.

      Application forms and further particulars are available on our web site: http://www.aston.ac.uk/jobs, by email: recruitment@... or by telephoning: 0121 359 0870 (24 hour answerphone). (CVs will only be considered if accompanied by a completed application form.) Reference number R100015

      Closing date: 26 February 2010

      Prof Christina Schaeffner
      Professor of Translation Studies
      Director of Translation Studies