Complutense Summer School - Revised Information
- Call for Applications: Summer School Course on Translation, Interpreting and Technology
School of Communication Studies, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM), Spain
July 6 -31, 2009
The Universidad Complutense Summer School is calling for applications among professional translators/interpreters as well as students of Translation/Interpreting Studies—or related disciplines—to participate in its intensive course on Translation, Interpreting and Technology from July 6 to July 31, 2009. This intensive course offers advanced training in translation and interpreting with a focus on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) applied to these fields.
Course Website: http://www.ucm.es/info/fgu/escuelas/verano/cursos/c23.html
(information available in Spanish only)
Course Organizers: Dr. Mirella Marotta Peramos and Antonio Roales Ruiz (UCM)
Course Duration: July 6-31, 2009 (From Monday to Friday, 9 am – 2 pm)
Maximum Number of Participants: 40
Main Language of Instruction: Spanish
Enrolment Fees: € 750
Funding Opportunities: For information on several funding opportunities, please visit http://www.ucm.es/info/fgu/escuelas/verano/ayudas.html. The application deadline for funding is March 12, 2009.
Applications: Candidates must fill out the online application form avai
lable at http://www.ucm.es/info/fgu/escuelas/verano/inscripcion.html and submit a number of accompanying documents as per the enrolment requirements described at http://www.ucm.es/info/fgu/escuelas/verano/matricula.html.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2009
- Part I: Culture and Technology: Communication Practices and New Mediators in Cyberculture
- Part II: Interpreting and Technology
- Part III: Multilingual Information Management and Technical Translation: Terminology Databases, Translation Memory Systems and Electronic Corpora
- Part IV: AV Translation: Subtitling
- Part V: Software and Website Localization
For details on the course content please download the course programme from http://www.ucm.es/info/fgu/escuelas/verano/cursos/c23.pdf.
• Antonio Roales Ruiz, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain.
• Frank Austermuehl, University of Auckland, New Zealand.
• Vanessa Enríquez Raído, University of Auckland, New Zealand.
• Óscar Jiménez Serrano, Universidad de Granada, Spain
• Manuel Mata Pastor, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
• Domingo Sánchez-Mesa Martínez, Universidad Carlos III, Spain.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]