Patience, please

  • Anthony Pym
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2000
      At 02:13 10/01/00 -0200, you wrote:
      > Translating is in History perhaps one of the few games in which the
      >"tie" is the winning score;

      Many thanks for the comment. But please note that this symposium will open
      next Monday January 17, after which date we can certainly shoot for a tie.

      My thanks to all those who have signed up (72 of you at the moment). If you
      could help circulate news of the symposium, I would be very grateful.

      While we wait for things to begin, please note that:
      1. Later this week I will be adding Yves Gambier's response to the five
      papers. It will also appear on the website.
      2. I am also still compiling the 'links' page for the symposium, for which
      I am looking for on-line papers or information specifically on the training
      of translators and interpreters. I haven't found many links. Any help would
      be much appreciated.
      3. The list of translator-training institutions at
      http://www.fut.es/~apym/tti.htm
      needs correction and updating. So please check that your institution is
      listed correctly.

      Finally, for those of you who really feel an urgent need to discuss
      translation theory, I suggest you subscribe to Translat2000 (information at
      http://www.translat2000.com/).

      Best wishes to all,
      Anthony Pym