Conference, FIT, Shanghai August 2008

  • Anthony Pym
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      >>> From: 2008 fit
      To: Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:19 AM
      Subject: Invitation to attend the 2008 XVIII World Congress of FIT

      Dear colleagues,

      As the host of the XVIII World Congress of FIT, Translators
      Association of China (TAC) warmly invites you to attend this grand
      educational and networking event for translators and interpreters
      around the world. The XVIII FIT World Congress will be held in
      Shanghai, China on August 4-7, 2008, right before the Beijing
      Olympics! And it will be staged at the Shanghai International
      Convention Center, a modern five-star hotel just next to the landmark
      of Shanghai * the Oriental Pearl TV Tower on the bank of the
      beautiful Huangpu River! The theme of the Congress is "Translation
      and Cultural Diversity".

      Founded in 1982, the Translators Association of China (TAC) is the
      only national association in the field of translation in China, with
      association, organization and individual members throughout China.
      TAC joined FIT in 1987 and a number of its representatives have been
      elected FIT Council Members.

      Please find attached the First Announcement and Call for
      Presentations for the Congress. Please note that the deadline for
      submission of abstract is September 30, 2007. We have also attached a
      Pre-registration Form. If you are interested in attending the
      Congress or know more about it, please fill the Pre-registration Frm
      and send it to us by mail, e-mail or fax . We will then be able to
      provide you with more detailed information and send you updates about
      the Congress. With your help and support, we are confident that the
      2008 Congress will be a worthy and memorable experience for all
      participants.

      For more information about the Congress, please visit
      www.fit2008.org. Thank you for your attention and we are looking
      forward to hearing from you!

      Sincerely yours,

      Huang Youyi