ATISA conference March 2006

  • Anthony Pym
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2005
      Forwarded message:

      >>> "Edwin Gentzler" <gentzler@...> 05-08-31 19:51 >>>
      Dear friends,

      Welcome back from what I hope was a relaxing and productive summer.
      And I
      hope you, your family, and friends are all safe from Katrina.

      I write to say that the American Translation and Interpreting
      Studies
      Association (ATISA--a new name, changed from ATSA earlier this year)
      conference will be held March 23-25 in San Diego, California. Please
      note
      the dates on your calendars and try to join us. Please also
      forward this message to any interested parties. I do not know about
      you, but
      I will certainly be ready for a little sunshine and 70 degrees come
      March.
      If you would like more information on the organization, please see
      the
      website at http://appling.kent.edu/ATSAHome.html.

      We are building the organization, and things are going very well, but
      we
      could use your help. At the last conference at UMass, we had over 120
      participants, but our membership is hovering at around 50. We urge as
      many
      scholars conducting research on translation and interpreting to join
      as
      possible. This is your organization! If you would like help by
      joining the
      organization (for the ridiculously low price of $25; students only
      $10!)
      please contact Jonathan Hine at hine@....

      If you would like to give a paper, proposals are due December 1.
      Send them
      to Claudia Angelelli at claudia.angelelli@....

      We hope to launch our new journal (tentatively titled Translation and
      Interpreting Studies) this spring as well. If you would like to
      submit
      something to our journal, send your essay to Brian Baer at
      bbaer@....

      I thank you for your support in advance, and I hope to see you in
      sunny San
      Diego in March!

      AmitiƩs,
      Edwin