Translation Response

  • Kadhim Al-Ali
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2005
      Dear ititers,
      Researching is next to impossible in Iraq due to various constraints. You can make my research possible by kindly giving your evaluations of three English translations of a poem at www.translationresponse.blogspot.com. A word file can be emailed upon request. Appreciating your understanding and support.
      Kadhim Al-Ali
      Ph.D. Candidate

    • amitkoch
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1 12:26 AM
        Dear Kadhim
        Where is the original poem? No comparison of different translations is
        truly valid without comparing them wih the original text
        best
        Hannah

        Kadhim Al-Ali wrote:

        >Dear ititers,
        >Researching is next to impossible in Iraq due to various constraints. You can make my research possible by kindly giving your evaluations of three English translations of a poem at www.translationresponse.blogspot.com. A word file can be emailed upon request. Appreciating your understanding and support.
        >Kadhim Al-Ali
        >Ph.D. Candidate

        >------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
        >'Thanks & Giving.'
        >http://us.click.yahoo.com/i8TXDC/5WnJAA/HwKMAA/UL0olB/TM

      • Kadhim Al-Ali
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2 9:20 AM
          Dear Hanna,
          It would be kind of you if you focused on the three translations, they are of translations of the same text. How do you respond to them as a fluent English speaker. In utmost need of your kind response.
          www.translationresponse.blogspot.com
          Regards
          Kadhim