714RE: [itit] Translation ability of natural bilinguals

  • P.Monks
    Feb 1, 2003
      My sister in law works for the UN as an interpretor - of cours interpreting is
      different from translating, but the former dirctor of training told her ,and
      me when I met her, that bilngual appicants very rarely succeeded in becoming
      good interpretors, tfirstly, heir languages are too loaded with different
      emotions, (they might speak to their father in one language and their mother
      in another) and they are also very often not grounded enough in one language
      to have the skills necessary for interprtation into that language.

      Pieta.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic