507AW: [itit] Re: world-wide query..."...abilities and skills...expected...of translator?"

  • JohnDGraham@t-online.de
    Nov 20, 2001
      Just by the way,

      many years ago (somewhere around 1960) the school of languages in Monterrey
      produced a language test. It was intended for use to determine whether
      people had the capacity to learn a foreign language. Its target language
      was purely synthetic and the grammar rules were a bit of this and a bit of
      that. I remember that the top mark was 57 out of 57 (or was it 59?) and the
      pass mark was 22. At that time, I was at a language school and a colleague
      and I were asked to test it out and we turned out to be at genius level! I
      have no idea whether this test ever gor any further.

      KIndest regards

      John

      John D. Graham
      Am Flutgraben 22