3087EST Translation Prize
- Apr 24 1:28 PMTranslation Prize to be awarded by the European Society for Translation StudiesDeadline: June 1, 2014.http://www.est-translationstudies.org/committees/translation_grant/index.htmlThe EST Translation Prize, of 2,000 euros, is awarded annually for the most deserving project to translate key texts in Translation Studies (including research on interpreting and localization).
Rules and Conditions
- The prize shall be used to assist with the translation, editing and/or publication of a book or group of articles in any of the sub-fields of Translation Studies.
- The prize may be paid to a translator, group of translators, or academic publisher or journal.
- The translation may be from any language and into any language.
- The translation shall not have been published prior to the awarding of the prize (six weeks after the application deadline), since the purpose of the prize is to promote translations that would otherwise not lead to publication.
- The translation shall be published within two years of the awarding of the grant.
- All publications and promotional materials associated with the translation shall bear the mention “With the support of the European Society for Translation Studies”.
- Applications will be evaluated on the basis of: a) potential impact of the project on international Translation Studies, b) feasibility of the project, c) pertinent experience of the translator or translators.
How to apply
Applicants should send the following materials as email attachments to Isabelle Robert at isabelle.robert[at]uantwerpen.be:
- One-page explanation and justification of the project.
- Text to be translated.
- Any pertinent agreements or expressions of interest from publishers, especially with respect to the purchase or granting of translation rights.
In 2013 the prize was won by Alojz Keníž, Lucia Kosákóva, Xenia Liashuk and Katarína Koreňová for the translation of Anton Popovič’s Teória umeleckého prekladu (Theory of Literary Translation) from Slovak into English.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>