3085survey: translation technology and linguistic minorities

  • Peter Sandrini
    Apr 4 3:57 AM
      Hello,

      we have prepared a short survey for a research project on the use of
      translation technology for regional or minority languages according to
      the definition given in the European Charter for Regional or Linguistic
      Minorities (CRML
      http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/education/minlang/textcharter/default_en.asp).

      We would like to collect data regarding the practical use of translation
      technology and especially free and open source (FOSS) translation tools
      within such settings.

      The target group of the survey are all persons working with languages
      within a regional or minority setting, i.e. translators, terminologists
      - either free-lancers or employed, lawyers working with bilingual texts,
      public servants working in a bilingual environment ...
      You may be a possible candidate to participate in our survey and we
      would greatly appreciate your input. The survey is anonymous.

      https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FDTBVJ2

      If you think you are not the right person please forward this email and
      the link to the survey to whoever seems appropriate to you.

      kind regards

      Peter Sandrini

      University of Innsbruck, Translationswissenschaft
      http://www.petersandrini.net