2479Conference on Public Service Interpreting, Birmingham, JUly 2010

  • Anthony
    Jul 1, 2010
      nternational Conference on Public Service Interpreting

      The 6th International Critical Link conference will be held from 26-30 July 2010 at Aston University in Birmingham. The main theme is 'Interpreting in a changing landscape'. It is for the first time that this conference which is specifically devoted to Public Service Interpreting is being held in the UK. About 300 participants have registered so far. This conference will bring together representatives from every sphere of the public service interpreting community: academics, interpreting practitioners, employers, trainers, policy makers, service providers and service recipients to shed new light on the vital role that public service/community interpreters play in our world.

      More information and the draft programme can be found at the website http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lss/news-events/conferences-seminars/july-2010/critical-link/

      We are looking forward to seeing you in Birmingham in July 2010.

      On behalf of the local organising committee

      Christina Schaeffner

      Prof Christina Schaeffner
      Professor of Translation Studies
      Director of Translation Studies