2098portuguese difficulty...

  • Álvaro Costa
    Feb 1, 2009
      Hi all,

      I have been translating a text (Portuguese into English) and came across a term (in fact two words) that are used in bibliographical citations in Portuguese: "Fixação de Texto", meaning the work of adapting the language of a Portuguese text from, let's say, the 17th century, to modern Portuguese (just as an example). The work of selecting what is "translated" and the original words or phrases that should not be translated. In English I came across the concept of "text setting" or "setting of text" but I am not certain if this has the same meaning. Would someone help me?

      Thank you for your time.
      Álvaro Costa