1067Re: [itit] HELP: info on online materials for translation teaching

  • Roberto Gracia
    Jun 1, 2004
      Ciao Giuseppe
      I teach a medical interpreting online class at the Univ of Massachusetts. I wrote an extensive article on our experience which appeared in the ATA Chronicle last January.
      Hope this helps
      Regards
      Roberto Gracia

      giu.palumbo@... wrote:
      I'm currently teaching translation within the framework of a 3-year "language
      mediation" degree at the University of Padova in Italy. I've been asked
      to create a Web site which should give a sort of Introduction to translation
      (with special reference to the English-Italian language pair) and present
      activities for the students to complete by way of translation exercises.

      The idea I would like to put through in the Web site is that of translation
      as a decision-making process or, to put it in Chesterman's terms, a process
      in which we can decide to use different strategies according to different
      purposes. This, however, makes it more difficult to devise activities on
      which pre-established feedback (the "key" to the exercise!) could be given
      and which possibly avoided using the fill-in-the-gap model.

      I would be grateful if anyone could give me information on any of the following:
      - papers discussing distance-learning in translation training, difficulties
      relating to the creation of online teaching material, projects aiming at
      creating online teaching materials for translation trainees, etc.
      - actual web sites being used as teaching resources in translation training.

      Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

      Giuseppe Palumbo

      Yahoo! Groups Links