crohn's

  • cityamazon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2002
      I have had this aweful disease for 22 years now and three resections,
      most recent, 2 weeks ago. What really gets me is having to work with
      this and trying to explain to my employer what Crohn's is and how it
      affects me. I have been on the the sites and cannot seem to find much
      info on people living with the disease and the side affects that
      affect them. I need to supply work with what is happening to me so I
      can have access to the washroom when I need it. I cannot seem to find
      any info pertaining to the fact that I need to be near a bathroom. For
      I need to go extremly quick and often ( anywhere from 5-20 times a
      day), or the fact that I could have just walked out of the washroom
      and not even two minutes later be right back in there. Its unfortunate
      but when I go anywhere the first thing on mind is ok, where is the
      nearest washroom. Or driving in the car and thinking, oh no I need a
      washroom and (I mean barely making it). Or the hemmroids that just
      hurt so bad. I am lucky that I have not missed to much work because of
      this, and I am on NO medication. I was in remission for 10 years and
      felt great. Oh also what about all the GAS......so uncomfortable. My
      family is great and my Husband is so understanding, because I have
      spent so much time in the Hospital, 4 kids and no problem with the
      Crohn's while pregnant. I will refuse to take prednisone, I feel it
      does nothing for me. The only drug I have ever been on is pentasa.
      Again felt it did nothing. So now that I have carried on does any one
      know where to find any of the info I need?