hydrotherapy- need opinions

  • Ronnie Kovac
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2002

      Hi,

      I have colitis and was on Rafassal for a few months. It did help in the beginning, but then things started to get bad again. My doctor then switched me to Asacol- and I just got frustrated and decided to try something completely different. That beingHydrotherapy.

      A friend of mine referred me to a clinic that does hydrotherapy- basically detox through colon cleansing. I have been doing it everday for the past month. It is not the most pleasant experiene, and I am not feeling better yet. In fact, I feel a bit worse. I have lost about 10 pounds, have migraines and other uncomfortable symptoms.

      The idea behind colon cleansing makes sense, I am just worried that perhaps in my case, having colitis- it might be counter-effective.

      Does anyone out there know about this treatment?

      3 months FREE*.
    • Sarah Krein
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2002

        Hi Ronnie,

        I have never heard that hydrotherapy can be helpful for IBD.

        Who is your doctor? Where are you being treated? How old are you?
        Sorry for all the questions.

        I am sorry to hear how much worse you are feeling.

        Has surgery ever been discussed for you?

        Feel better

        Sarah