Re: [isribd] Prednsone... help

  • Airdale
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 24, 2002

      Hi, I don't know your condition ?  UC ? If you have been on prednizone for any length of time.. you need to contact your Doctor,  when you have a flareup pred. is used to knock it down, and your daily dose is reduced over a period of time,, do not mess around with this med. it's a good and bad med. I've been on it for over 20 years, it has some bad side effects.. check with your doc. and good luck.  Ken                                                                                                            Sarah Krein <krein@...> wrote:

      From Friday, I decreased pred to 25mg, but I now have more unbeerable pain... what
      should I do?

      Thanks
      Love
      Sarah

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Sarah Krein
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 25, 2002

        Hi Danny,

        Have you heard about Breema Therapy (http://www.breema.com)

        From what I have heard of it, it is not alternative medicine but integrated medicine.

        Can you tell me more about Chinese medicine and how it helps you, as well as where they don't here.

        As you can tell, I'm reaching a "desperado" stage.

        Thanks

        Sarah

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 25, 2002
          Hi Ken,
          I have posted an update since this e-mail. I have crohns.

          Thanks
          Sarah

          Hi, I don't know your condition ?  UC ? If you have been on prednizone for any length of time.. you need to contact your Doctor,  when you have a flareup pred. is used to knock it down, and your daily dose is reduced over a period of time,, do not mess around with this med. it's a good and bad med. I've been on it for over 20 years, it has some bad side effects.. check with your doc. and good luck.  Ken

          From Friday, I decreased pred to 25mg, but I now have more unbeerable pain... what
          should I do?

          Thanks
          Love
          Sarah

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Danny Levin <lvds@newmail.net>
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 26, 2002
            Hi Sarah,

            Its the first time i hear about breema therapy so there is not much
            i can say about it.

            Chinese medicine is a very complex system of healing.
            Its two main modalities are Acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas.
            you can learn more about it in this link:
            http://www.healthy.net/asp/templates/article.asp?id=1278

            The second link is an example of how we treat crohn's and colitis,
            its is of course meant to be used only by professional chinese
            medicine practitioners:
            http://www.medicalacupuncture.org/aama_marf/journal/vol13_3/article1.h
            tml

            As for me, from the time i have started to practice chinese medicine,
            i no longer suffer from its symptoms and the disease is not
            interfering with my life.

            Feel Well,
            Dan Levin
          • Sarah Krein
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 28, 2002

              Hi Dan,
              Thanks very much for your information.
              Do you know of any good places here in Israel for Chinese medicine?

              best regards

              .
            • Danny Levin <lvds@newmail.net>
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 28, 2002
                Dear Sarah,

                >> Do you know of any good places here in Israel for Chinese medicine?
                It depends where you live, my clinic is in haifa.
                If you are not from the area, i can try to find someone else.

                Danny
              • Sarah Krein
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 3, 2003

                  Hi Danny,

                  I live in Tel Aviv,

                  By the way, can I ask how old are you and how long have you had IBD for?

                  Sarah

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 3, 2003
                    My crohns was diagnosed about seven years ago and i had an operation
                    about six years ago..
                    if you like to receive details about practitioners in tel-aviv,
                    please email directly to me: lvds@...

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/