Prednsone... help

  • Sarah Krein
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002
      From Friday, I decreased pred to 25mg, but I now have more unbeerable pain... what
      should I do?

      Thanks
      Love
      Sarah
    • Danny Levin <lvds@newmail.net>
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 22, 2002
        Dear Sarah,

        I sorry to hear that the reduction in dosage gave rise to the pain.
        I can't advise you in regard the the dosage as i'm not a doctor.
        What i can advise you is additionally to the western medicine,
        try a branch in the complementary medicine.
        Personally i can represent chinese medicine but other modalities
        can be helpful as well.

        All The Best,
        Danny

        --- In isribd@yahoogroups.com, Sarah Krein <krein@n...> wrote:
        > From Friday, I decreased pred to 25mg, but I now have more
        unbeerable pain..
        > what
        > should I do?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Love
        > Sarah
      • Airdale
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 24, 2002

          Hi, I don't know your condition ?  UC ? If you have been on prednizone for any length of time.. you need to contact your Doctor,  when you have a flareup pred. is used to knock it down, and your daily dose is reduced over a period of time,, do not mess around with this med. it's a good and bad med. I've been on it for over 20 years, it has some bad side effects.. check with your doc. and good luck.  Ken                                                                                                            Sarah Krein <krein@...> wrote:

          From Friday, I decreased pred to 25mg, but I now have more unbeerable pain... what
          should I do?

          Thanks
          Love
          Sarah

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Sarah Krein
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 25, 2002

            Hi Danny,

            Have you heard about Breema Therapy (http://www.breema.com)

            From what I have heard of it, it is not alternative medicine but integrated medicine.

            Can you tell me more about Chinese medicine and how it helps you, as well as where they don't here.

            As you can tell, I'm reaching a "desperado" stage.

            Thanks

            Sarah

            I sorry to hear that the reduction in dosage gave rise to the pain.
            I can't advise you in regard the the dosage as i'm not a doctor.
            What i can advise you is additionally to the western medicine,
            try a branch in the complementary medicine.
            Personally i can represent chinese medicine but other modalities
            can be helpful as well.

            All The Best,
            Danny

            --- In isribd@yahoogroups.com, Sarah Krein <krein@n...> wrote:
            > From Friday, I decreased pred to
            25mg, but I now have more
            unbeerable pain..
            > what

            should I do?

            > Thanks
            > Love
            > Sarah

            .
          • Sarah Krein
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 25, 2002
              Hi Ken,
              I have posted an update since this e-mail. I have crohns.

              Thanks
              Sarah

              Hi, I don't know your condition ?  UC ? If you have been on prednizone for any length of time.. you need to contact your Doctor,  when you have a flareup pred. is used to knock it down, and your daily dose is reduced over a period of time,, do not mess around with this med. it's a good and bad med. I've been on it for over 20 years, it has some bad side effects.. check with your doc. and good luck.  Ken

              From Friday, I decreased pred to 25mg, but I now have more unbeerable pain... what
              should I do?

              Thanks
              Love
              Sarah

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • Danny Levin <lvds@newmail.net>
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 26, 2002
                Hi Sarah,

                Its the first time i hear about breema therapy so there is not much
                i can say about it.

                Chinese medicine is a very complex system of healing.
                Its two main modalities are Acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas.
                you can learn more about it in this link:
                http://www.healthy.net/asp/templates/article.asp?id=1278

                The second link is an example of how we treat crohn's and colitis,
                its is of course meant to be used only by professional chinese
                medicine practitioners:
                http://www.medicalacupuncture.org/aama_marf/journal/vol13_3/article1.h
                tml

                As for me, from the time i have started to practice chinese medicine,
                i no longer suffer from its symptoms and the disease is not
                interfering with my life.

                Feel Well,
                Dan Levin
              • Sarah Krein
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 28, 2002

                  Hi Dan,
                  Thanks very much for your information.
                  Do you know of any good places here in Israel for Chinese medicine?

                  best regards

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 28, 2002
                    Dear Sarah,

                    >> Do you know of any good places here in Israel for Chinese medicine?
                    It depends where you live, my clinic is in haifa.
                    If you are not from the area, i can try to find someone else.

                    Danny
                  • Sarah Krein
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 3, 2003

                      Hi Danny,

                      I live in Tel Aviv,

                      By the way, can I ask how old are you and how long have you had IBD for?

                      Sarah

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 3, 2003
                        My crohns was diagnosed about seven years ago and i had an operation
                        about six years ago..
                        if you like to receive details about practitioners in tel-aviv,
                        please email directly to me: lvds@...

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/