Re: [isribd] àðé öøéê îéãò îôåøè òì ñåâé äàåëì ùîåúø ìàëåì

  • Ronnie Kovac
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2002

      Hi....

      I have ulcerative colitis, not Crohn's- but I think the dietary restrictions are similar. I used to be on Rafassal and Asacol, but stopped because I was worried ofthe long term damages, not to mention the idea of being 23 and forced to take 6 pills a day bothered me. While I do not recommend actually stopping to take medication for everyone, I do think that following a certain diet greatly helps in fending off attacks. Firstly, I take Slippery Elm ( Ulmus Fulva) which helps to soothe my stomach. I found that it is very helpful- you can find it in any health food store. Camomile and Fennel tea are also very soothing.

      As far as my diet is concerned, I do not eat any dairy, animal products, sugar, oil (except olive oil), yeast and wheat. The majority of my diet consists of cooked vegatables, such as sweet potato, potato, zuccini, and carrots. Personally, I find tomatos, peppers and onions to be very difficult to digest, as well as al spices, and the only raw vegatabls I eat are lettuce and cucumbers. As for fruit, I peel everything, stay away fro grapes, and eat mostly red apples, bananas, mango and melon. Plain rice is okay, as well as all rice flour, corn flour and potato flour based food.Occasionally I eat tofu and almonds (without the peel).  I defnitly stay away from all alcohol and caffieine; coffee, tea, and chocolate, (although personally bitter chocolate in small quantities is okay).

      Its a very restricted diet, however as long as I follow this diet, the attacks are less frequent. During an attack, I only eat cooked potato and zuccini, as I have found these to be easy to digest- and stay away from all raw foods.

      I hope this helps.

      Ronnie

    • Will
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 12, 2002
        I am on a similar diet (except I dont touch potatoes, rice or other long-chain carbs)
        since humans cant digest them.

        also, I eat all raw veggies and take 1-2 tablespoons of psyllium powder in 16 oz
        of water every morning.

        As far as spices go, cayenne all the way...I must go thru a baggy of it every month,
        its a great natural way to keep inflammation down.

        Aqueated Bentonite and home made yoghurt (fermented for 24-30 hrs) is also great...
        if you are to lazy to make your own yog. and have tonnes of money to
        waste, buy bio-k

        Have been doing this for years and I am rarely bothered by the disease, which was originally
        classified as very severe universal ulcerative colitis.

        --- Ronnie Kovac <kovacronnie@...> wrote:

        <HR>

        <P>Hi....</P>
        <P>I have ulcerative colitis, not Crohn's- but I think the dietary restrictions are similar. I
        used to be on Rafassal and Asacol, but stopped because I was worried ofthe long term damages, not
        to mention the idea of being 23 and forced to take 6 pills a day bothered me. While I do not
        recommend actually stopping to take medication for everyone, I do think that following a certain
        diet greatly helps in fending off attacks. Firstly, I take Slippery Elm ( Ulmus Fulva) which helps
        to soothe my stomach. I found that it is very helpful- you can find it in any health food store.
        Camomile and Fennel tea are also very soothing.</P>
        <P>As far as my diet is concerned, I do not eat any dairy, animal products, sugar, oil (except
        olive oil), yeast and wheat. The majority of my diet consists of cooked vegatables, such as sweet
        potato, potato, zuccini, and carrots. Personally, I find tomatos, peppers�and onions to be very
        difficult to digest, as well as al spices, and the only raw vegatabls I eat are lettuce and
        cucumbers. As for fruit, I peel everything, stay away fro grapes, and eat mostly red apples,
        bananas, mango and melon. Plain rice is okay, as well as all rice flour, corn flour and potato
        flour based food.Occasionally I eat tofu�and almonds (without the peel).� I defnitly stay away
        from all alcohol and caffieine; coffee, tea, and chocolate, (although personally bitter chocolate
        in small quantities is okay). </P>
        <P>Its a very restricted diet, however as long as I follow this diet, the attacks are less
        frequent. During an attack, I only eat cooked potato and zuccini, as I have found these to be easy
        to digest- and stay away from all raw foods. </P>
        <P>I hope this helps. </P>
        href="http://g.msn.com/8HMUEN/2019">e-mail virus protection service: </a> 2 months FREE*

        <tt>
        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
        isribd-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<BR>
        <BR>
        </tt>

        Terms of Service</a>.</tt>