How You Can Beat Ulcerative Colitis

  • bryceraleigh
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30 5:21 PM
      I am now 67 years old with no ulceraitve colitis conditions. When I
      was 18 years old, I
      was going South below the equator to catch 300 tons of tuna. We had a
      full crew of 17
      men, so I had to sleep in the net locker underneath the automatic
      pilot gears which made
      loud whining sounds all night long. By the time we reached Panama, I
      had ulcerative
      colitis. I began to bleed 7 times each day, bloody diahrea while I
      ate my three healthy
      meals a day. It was a long trip. I arrived back in San Diego 5 months
      later with bloody
      diahrea. I went to Dr. Milton Fetter an internal medicine doctor. He
      sent me to a clinic to
      check and see if I had ulcerative colitis. They verified Dr. Fetter's
      diagnosis. The exam
      was a painful experience.
      To treat the ulcerative colitis, Dr. Fetter recomended a Sulfidine.
      After, bleeding 7 times
      each day with bloody diahrea, I took a Sulfidine which I was allergic
      to. I then called Dr.
      Fetter to make another appoinment and explained how the Sulfidines
      made me very sick.
      He then gave me a prescription for Niacin. I went to the Pharmacy to
      buy Niacin, but the
      Pharmacist told me it was an over the counter medication. He pointed
      where I could find
      the Niacin. The only Niacin they had was 100 mg pills.
      I went home that afternoon and ate spaghetti and drank milk with my
      Niacin on a Friday. I
      had the strangest of all reactions, I started to itch and flush at my
      head. I didn't know it at
      the time, but my blood vessels were increasing to 3 times their
      normal size. This itching
      and flushing reaction went down my chest and arms, down my torso to
      my thighs, and
      down my legs within 20 minutes. I felt that I was allergic to this
      medicine. I had a date
      with a beautiful girl that night at 7:00 so I ate at 5:00 so I could
      go to the bathroom 2
      times before my date with the bloody diahrea. I waited after
      consuming all the spaghetti
      and drinking 2 glasses of milk while the flushing was going on.
      Afterwards I waited for the
      urge to go to the bathroom, which is usually only 3 seconds away. I
      needed 7 seconds to
      get to the bathroom and I felt the urge. I waited until 7:00 because
      I had no bowel
      movement. The tingling and flushing left me within half an hour.
      I called the girl on the phone and cancelled the date because this
      was the first time in five
      months that I didn't have a bowel movement within 2 hours of eating.
      I sat with my
      grandmother watching TV for 4 hours, just 7 seconds away from the
      bathroom in case I
      had to go. I felt no urge to go during this time. Then I went to bed
      at 11:00. The bedroom
      was just 2 seconds from the bathroom. All that night, I had no urge
      to have a bowel
      movement and I finally fell asleep.
      The next morning, I got up at 7:00 and went to the restroom. For the
      first time in 5
      months, I had a stool 10 inches long covered with mucous. I was very
      surprised about the
      mucous. For the next few days, I ate regularly with no diahrea. The
      second time I had a
      bowel movement I had normal stools with no mucous. I was 18 years
      old, now I am 67
      years old. I have had 20 attacks of ulcerative colitis over 25 years.
      When I was 43, I was taking 500mg of Niacin with one drink early in
      the morning and I
      would get a brief flushing of my skin. Niacin wasn't working anymore.
      In Niacin, the
      nicotinic acid reacts with the estrogens in your blood to dialate
      your blood vessels. I don't
      know why my estrogens do not react anymore to Niacin. Doctors used to
      prescribe Niacin
      to reduce cholestreol and hypertension in the body. I looked at a
      vitamin book and it helps
      your fingernails to grow and your hair to grow. At 67, I have a lot
      of hair, my
      grandfathers did not. I don't know if it helped. Niacin is
      inexpensive, 100 pills at 100mg
      for $1.00. I took Niacin when it became inconvenient after I had an
      attack of bloody
      Ulcerated Colitis. For the next fifty attacks in fourty years Niacin
      is what worked every
      time. I just had to take enough Niacin to dialate for twenty minutes.
      A few years ago.I phoned Dr. Milton Fetter and found out he was still
      alive. I asked him
      how many people he treated with Niacin. Dr. Fetter told me that he
      had treated 80 patients
      with ulceraitve colitis and about 8 of these were allegic to
      Sulfidines. To these he
      recomended Niacin, I was one of those lucky ones. They never had any
      other problems,
      and never went back to him for ulceraitve colitis.
      At 43, I was having a pain for the first time in my colon area. I
      went to 2 doctors who said
      they had a new drug on the market. They said that it was remarkable,
      better than
      Niacin,called Prednisone. It didn't work, the pain didn't go away.
      One night at 2:00 in the
      morning when I couldn't sleep because of the pain, it was very quiet,
      I could hear my
      heart beat. Every time my heart beat, the pain would increase a
      litle. Sort of like a muscle
      spasm. The next day, I called my doctor for a muscle relaxer. I took
      1 pill the next night of
      Ativan. The pain went away. I started off with a small pill of Ativan
      24 years ago when I
      was 43. I am up to two pills a night to give me a sound night's sleep
      and to relax my
      muscles. I have never had another attack of ulcerative colitis in the
      last 24 years because I
      have been taking a generic of Ativan, very inexpensive.
      If you have Prednisone in your system Niacin won't work. I suggest
      you try Niacin first.
      Get all the Prednisone out of your system, it might take a month.
      Remember, I bled for 4
      and a half months 7 times a day, so don't worry too much about the
      bleeding.
      I have looked at ulceraive colitis on TV through video cameras. The
      TV cameras that are
      in the colon show that the ulcers are about the size of a pin head. I
      feel that what the
      doctors call ulcers are really swollen capilaries that cannot
      circulate blood because the
      muscles have clamped down on the vessels not alowing blood to pass
      through your
      system. When you take Niacin, your blood vessel dialate to three
      times their normal size
      and oxygen gets to your muscles and relieves the pain and then you
      have no bleeding.
      Then, the Ativan does not let the muscle spasm at night because it
      relaxes it. Therefore,
      you have to take it every night to get a good night's sleep. It is
      addictive in the fact that
      you will not go to sleep without Ativan. That is why Longs Drug store
      tripled the price
      and was caught and had to refund the money to the people. I have
      discovered at 67 in a
      pharmacy book that you can take up to 10 pills of Ativan each day,
      but I wouldn't suggest
      taking this much. Especially if you have a weak heart.
      Prednisone has ruined the liver of a friend of mine who I met in
      later years. She needed a
      new liver or she would die because she had been taking Predisone for
      40 years. Now the
      benefits of Niacin are 20 fold and so is Ativan, getting a good
      night's sleep. But
      Prednisone, which the drug companies make a fortune off of, causes a
      lot of damge to
      your body. But the doctors have to prescribe it or they can be sued
      for malpractice.
      When you reach 50 years of age, the doctors want to check your colon
      for cancer. It
      seems that people who have ulcerative colitis have a higher chance of
      getting cancer. The
      doctors have put a camera every two years to check for cancer in my
      colon. The new
      cameras are non-painful, but sometimes they carry germs. I am 67
      years old and my colon
      is without scar tissue, and without any narrowing. The cameras are
      now cleaned by the
      kitchen help, called NAs(Nurse Assistants). The last time I had a
      camera put inside of me,
      I had a fever of 106.5 degrees 5 days later. I was shaking all over.
      I thought I was cold. It
      was a narrow escape for my life. So, I don't have the cameras put in
      me anymore.
      During my early experience with Niacin, I was young and dumb. I would
      bleed in my
      colon, and only when it became an inconveneince where I would have to
      run to the
      bathroom that I would take Niacin. It worked until I was 43 years of
      age.
      I am a general contractor and developer so when I stayed up until
      2:00 or 3:00 in the
      morning, 3 nights in a row I would have an attack of ulcerative
      colitis. Now, if I don't
      have 8 hours of sound sleep, I will have blood in my stools. Get the
      Prednisone out of
      your system and use Niacin. It is a very cheap way to treat your
      ulcerative colitis and
      might help you gain a lot of hair on your head.
      One time, I went on a carrot juice fast for 30 days. I bought a
      juicer, and drank three 8oz
      glasses of carrot juice with ice cubes so you don't miss chewing with
      your teeth. I lost 30
      pounds and my ulcerative colitis went away. Put some celery juice
      with the carrot juice so
      you won't become anemic. The only problem with that cure is that most
      people with
      ulcerative colitis are thin and can't lose weight or afford the many
      sizes of pants that you
      have to buy.
      The excellent thing with Niacin is that you don't have to go on a
      bland diet, you can eat
      anything while you take the Niacin, but you have to flush. If you
      don't flush with the
      Niacin, it won't work. I sometimes took 800mg of Niacin early in the
      morning before I ate
      anything to get mt body flushed. So don't take the time release
      capsules. You have to
      dialate your blood vessels to stop the muscle spasms in your colon or
      elsewhere in your
      body.
      If the Niacin stops working after 43 years of age, then use the
      Ativan. The pill is so small
      you have to get a pill slicer to cut it in half. Start with half a
      pill and if you don't get a
      good nights sleep then start a whole pill. It has to be sound sleep
      you don't wake up if the
      dog barks or the baby cries. The majority of women that catch
      ulcerative colitis are
      women of newborn children who get less sound sleep than other women.
      I think the
      reason why we get ulcerative colitis is because we have week muscles
      in the colon area or
      elswewhere in our body that don't get enough oxygen because the blood
      vessels are not
      situated right or big enough to carry oxygen to the muscle to keep it
      from contracting. We
      are all different. We have different genes and this is the easiest
      way I have lived with
      ulcerative colitis.
      When the pain occurs, the doctors said that they had a much better
      drug than Niacin ,
      Prednisone, to stop ulcerative colitis. I thought they were crazy. I
      tried it, went on a bland
      diet, took the massive doses at first and continued on the program
      and the bleeding did not
      stop with the first pill of Prednisone. After a week on Prednisone, I
      got frustrated and
      took Niacin. For the first time taking Niacin in 20 years, I bled
      more after flushing my
      system. So, I kept taking Niacin and it took me a week to stop the
      bleeding and get off
      that bland diet. I never used Prednisone again. I have had 2 CAT
      scans recenty, no cancer,
      my liver is fine and all my organs are fine at 67 years of age.
      Living with ulcerative colitis
      since I was 18 years of age. Dr. Milton Fetter said 7 other people
      were successful on
      Niacin. So if you are young, try Niacin. No drug company is going to
      spend 20 million
      dollars to prove that Niacin is the best treatment for ulcerative
      colitis because you can buy
      a pill for a penny and it will do the job. So why would they want to
      prove that Niacin
      would stop your ulcerative colitis?
      I've read books on ulcerative colitis of people who had their colons
      taken out and the
      result was massive congestion of the vascular system in the colon.
      And what does Niacin
      do? It opens up the vascuar system, but what doctor would give you
      Niacin when you
      have massive bleeding in your colon area?
      Good Luck. Signing off, Arthur Billings
    • sweetsarmistha
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2002
        The website http://www.ulcerativecolitiscure.com had also very good
        information & procedure of curing Ulcerative colitis.
        Thank u.