Re: Yemenite restaurant in Talpiot

  • William Sault
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 29, 2006
      The new Yemenite restaurant in the Talpiot industrial
      area is at 16 HaUman Street, on the side of the building around
      the corner from the Rav Chen Theaters and the big new Rami Levy Super
      Market. It occupies the same space as the old late Sini Spidi Chinese
      Restaurant. One word describes the food: superb. Kashrut is Rabbinut,
      hygiene is extremely clean, sevice is excellent, and prices are cheap.
      The name of the
      restaurant is HaMitbakh HaTemani (Yemenite Kitchen), and the phone
      number is 02-6793339. The waiter, Tony, speaks passable English.

      --
      William Sault was334433 @ gmail.com
    • lublin
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2006
        No - there's a new Yemenite restaurant in Talpiot near the Rav Chen mall
        where Sini Spidi (chinese restaurant) used to be.

        Leah
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2006
          The new Yemenite restaurant in the Talpiot industrial zone is at 16
          HaUman Street. The entrance is on the right side of the building, near
          the traffic circle and around the corner from the Rav Chen theaters
          and the big new Rami Levi super market. The food is delicious; the
          service is polite and excellent; the place is spotlessly clean; the
          prices are cheap. Kashrut is Rabbinut. The name of the restaurant is
          HaMitbakh HaTemani (Yemenite Kitchen), and their phone number is 02-
          679 3339 ----- William Sault
          > There is a new branch of Marvad Haksamim in the German Colony (Emek
          Refaim).
          > My husband ate there yesterday and said it was awful, nothing like
          the "old"
          > Marvad Haksamim that used to be on King George. It's changed hands
          several
          > times since the Eighties, and each time, in his opinion, gone
          downhill.
          > I don't know if that was the restaurant you meant.
          >
          > Sarah in Jerusalem

        • Jill Kolori
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3 5:27 AM
            William, thanks for telling us about this restaurant. It really is
            great, just as good as you say it is. Jill