Re: [israel-food] Re: Carrot Kugel from the Kosher Palate

  • Susan Wellish
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2005
      just wait the KOSHER PALETTE II is coming out real soon,...................sure to even better than the first..................

      Susan

      tsipiamiri <tsipiamiri@...> wrote:
      Although I am not familiar with this recipe as I don't own either
      Kosher Palate book (shame on me, my kids went to Kushner), I would
      suggest you look at the carrots: I don't know how much the recipe
      calls for, but I have found that when using shredded carrots (I am
      assuming that is what the recipe calls for) you need to use a light
      hand when measuring them, preferably in a clear glass measuring cup
      and not in individual cup measures. Do not pack the carrots in,
      simply sprinkle them into the measure and stop when they reach their
      mark. Works for me.
      Tsipi

      --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, fred carroll <fredmarn@n...>
      wrote:
      > I've made this recipe twice and it comes out too mushy inside, the
      outside is firm and looks good
      > what am I doing wrong ?
      > I've tasted by other people that said they use this recipe and it
      was delicious.

      > It says 1/2 a cup of oil or applesauce, I used applesauce
      > thank you

      Jewish Cooking recipes Easy cooking recipes Healthy cooking recipe Jewish culture Cooking recipe software

    • fred carroll
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
        Thank you , but the recipe says to cut 4 large carrots and boil until tender and then mash with a fork , I use my potato masher works great ,
        but maybe I used two many carrots because I thought mine where to small ???
        you are then to add 1 cup of flour
        1/2 cup of dark brown sugar and 1/2 of white sugar
        1 1/2 tea spoon baking powder
        1/2 oil or applesauce
        two eggs
        1 teaspoon vanilla extract

        beat at medium speed till blended bake in a 9" nonstick springform for 45min at 350 f

        again I've eaten it by others and it was delicious, just not by me :(

        From: "tsipiamiri" <tsipiamiri@...>
        Date: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:45 pm
        Subject: Re: Carrot Kugel from the Kosher Palate