Making Burekas

  • Amnon @ Techshoret
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi!!
      I like to make Burekas at home, the frozen type that you just pop into the
      oven...

      BUT!
      It ALWAYS sticks to the pan..and is a big hassle to clean afterwards.
      I know that Burekas is high in fat, so there should be no need to add oil to
      the pan..and I have also tried using parchment paper, but then it stuck so
      much to the paper, I couldn't eat the bottom half of the Burekas!

      Any ideas?
      Does anyone else have these problems? :)

      Thanks,
      Amnon
    • Bari Nirenberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        I always used parchment paper (for everything I cook in the oven) and
        burekas never stick, nor should they, considering the amount of
        oil/margarine in the dough. Are you brushing them with egg yolk? If so,
        make sure you only brush the top. Apart from that, I don't know what to
        tell you (except maybe to try a different brand, though no brand I've used
        has ever stuck to the pan).

        Bari