Re: [israel-food] Do you remember my emails

  • Gavriela
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2013
      do u feel safe going there?

      Gavriela

      From: Joan <jow@...>
      To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:00 PM
      Subject: [israel-food] Do you remember my emails

      waxing poetic over the Biladi Supermarket in Beit Hanina and their wonderful service? Today gives me another opportunity to sing their praises. I'm glad you're sitting down: While I leisurely did my shopping, they arranged for someone to come and fix my car while it was parked outside. Not only was it at least nis 900-nis 1000 cheaper than what my old Ramat Gan garage would have charged, but they treated me with a great deal of respect...

      The mechanic has a garage in Talpiot too.

      So aside from being a bit cheaper on some items, I would say this supermarket really understands great service in the way that Anglos expect.

      Joan

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          israel-food-digest@yahoogroups.com
          israel-food-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

    • Joan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2013
        Safe? Please don't let yourself be brainwashed by the govt. and the media. It's totally safe. It's got an ice cream parlor on Main St., a couple of KFC knock-offs, a city population with a large number of residents who've lived in the States, the Helen Keller International School, Catholic schools... One of the only differences that I can make out is that they sure do seem to like fireworks a lot. Aside from weddings, on the last day of high school exams there were fireworks for 24 hours. When it became dark I went outside, looked up in the sky and enjoyed the show.

        Joan