RE: unusual spices & herbs

  • mushkyz
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 15, 2013

      BS"D

      Thank you for the information. I will definitely check out the store; it is on the agenda for the next few days.
      Gmar Chasima Tova,

      Mushky

      --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, <marc@...> wrote:

      I don't remember specifically, but he certainly has a teudah on the wall in the entrance on the left as you walk in. Ask him to point it out to you.

      Everything. And anything he doesn't have in his store, his son's store on R. Yafo might have it.

      Except blue fenugreek and marigold petals ;-)

      Marc

      On 9/14/2013 10:56 PM, mushkyz@... wrote:
      Marc, do you know the hashgacha for B'shekvitz? Also, what type of selection of spices and herbs does this store have?

      Gmar Chasima Tova,

      Mushky

      --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, <marc@...> wrote:

      Fresh tarragon is usually available in Rami Levi

      In Machane Yehuda, look for B'shekvitz בשקביץ (Etz Chaim 32, the covered street) and ask for what you want.
      http://cooking.marcgottlieb.com/2012/05/machane-yehuda/

      Savory is צתרה
      Fenugreek is חילבה but I don't remember seeing blue fenugreek.
      I have no clue about marigolds.
      http://cooking.marcgottlieb.com/2012/04/hebrew-english-spice-chart/

      Marc

      On 9/11/2013 2:59 AM, Rochelle Eissenstat wrote:

      Does anyone know where to get blue fenugreek seeds & dried leaves? Summer savory - fresh or dried? Fresh tarragon? Dried marigold flower petals?

      Thanks!
      Rochelle

      --

      Fun Joel's Israel Tours