Re: [israel-food] Thx for pumpkin info. Next is

  • Joel Haber
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2013
      Jarred at Iwo Deli on Shammai St (note, they are not an exclusively kosher store). I think you can get fresh at the Farmers Market at the Namal in Tel Aviv.

      On 9/12/2013 2:24 PM, Joan wrote:

      ...truffles (I need just a teeny tiny one for a recipe), and does anyone know about the French bakery on a back street in the German Colony?

      Joan

      --

      Fun Joel's Israel Tours

      Website

      Facebook
      Twitter
      Pinterest
      Flickr
    • Marc Gottlieb
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2013
        There are canned white truffles in Machane Yehuda going for 90 a can

        One of the specialty vegetable guys once told me he could get them. They're called כמהין

        Marc

        On 9/12/2013 2:24 PM, Joan wrote:

        ...truffles (I need just a teeny tiny one for a recipe), and does anyone know about the French bakery on a back street in the German Colony?

        Joan

        --

        Fun Joel's Israel Tours

        Website

        Facebook
        Twitter
        Pinterest
        Flickr

        --
        Marc Gottlieb
        marc@...
        http://www.culinartkosher.com
        Google Talk/Chat: culinartkosher@...
        02-991-9443
        Cooking Classes, Recipe Development, Menu Planning,
        Catering, Consulting
      • Fredi Siskind Engelberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2013
          a teeny bit of truffles cost a fortune. I have truffle allif you want.
          I know of a new French bakery in the German Colony on Emek Refaim. which one are you talking about?

          Sent from my iPad