Re: unusual spices & herbs

  • Nili Marcia
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 12, 2013

      Rochelle,

      Just curious: what are marigold petals used for??  And what are they used for?

      Nili

    • Sharmila Daniel
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 12, 2013
        We have marigolds (calendula) flowers growing in our garden very easily....  If you can't find them to buy, perhaps this is one you could grow.

        Just curious: what are marigold petals used for??  And what are they used for?

        Nili

      • mushkyz
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 14, 2013
          Marc, do you know the hashgacha for B'shekvitz? Also, what type of selection of spices and herbs does this store have?

          Gmar Chasima Tova,

          Mushky

          --- In israel-food@yahoogroups.com, <marc@...> wrote:

          Fresh tarragon is usually available in Rami Levi

          In Machane Yehuda, look for B'shekvitz בשקביץ (Etz Chaim 32, the covered street) and ask for what you want.
          http://cooking.marcgottlieb.com/2012/05/machane-yehuda/

          Savory is צתרה
          Fenugreek is חילבה but I don't remember seeing blue fenugreek.
          I have no clue about marigolds.
          http://cooking.marcgottlieb.com/2012/04/hebrew-english-spice-chart/

          Marc

          On 9/11/2013 2:59 AM, Rochelle Eissenstat wrote:

          Does anyone know where to get blue fenugreek seeds & dried leaves? Summer savory - fresh or dried? Fresh tarragon? Dried marigold flower petals?

          Thanks!
          Rochelle

          --

          Fun Joel's Israel Tours

          Website

          Facebook
          Twitter
          Pinterest
          Flickr

          --
          Marc Gottlieb
          marc@...
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 14, 2013
            ON Rehov Rabbi Akiva in Beitar I have found a good selection of spices at good prices. Also Osher Od has a large spice section in Givat Shaul store (also probably in the other stores as well.

            G'mar Chatima Tova
            Acts of Kindness will bring Moshiach

            Menashe and Alizah Hochstead
            058-47-77004

            To: israel-food@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 14, 2013
              I don't remember specifically, but he certainly has a teudah on the wall in the entrance on the left as you walk in. Ask him to point it out to you.

              Everything. And anything he doesn't have in his store, his son's store on R. Yafo might have it.

              Except blue fenugreek and marigold petals ;-)

              Marc